Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Well, I've had the Surgery and it went very well, so well they let me go home a day early from the hospital.
Had Surgery 9:30-is Monday Morning and went home around 2PM Wednesday Afternoon.

But then I started feeling "not right" Beginning Thursday morning. It continued to get worse, the pain got worse and I was extremely nauseous. I am NOT to throw up for 6 weeks, it may tear fragile sutures inside so we ended up in the ER around 11:30PM Thursday Night.

They got in an IV and got me a shot of zofran really quickly to abate the nausea and then a shot of Dilaudid sent me to LA LA land free of pain for a while (Free from consciousness almost). They took some x-rays and a CT scan of my abdomen and nothing was showing up physically internally wrong so by now it's about 7 AM Friday morning and they are moving me up to a room for my Surgeon to see me that afternoon.

Saw Dr. Shina around 3PM Friday, he checked the xrays and CT scan and physically looked at my wounds and then decided to do an Endoscopy on me on Saturday. No food, No water Nada... Nothing ZIP by mouth until then... It's already been 24 hours since I'd eaten, it was going to be 24 hours more. *sigh* But Better safe than sorry.

Around 11:30 This morning (Saturday) I had the endoscopy and it turns out I had a case of Gastroenteritis on top of my brand new surgery and that the xrays and ct Scans showed I have several Gall Stones (Source of the PAIN and aggravated by the Gastroenteritis which was the source of all that nausea.)

So There you Have It.

I got released from the hospital this afternoon (Saturday) with meds and I'll follow up with Dr. Shina on Tuesday I am still sore as HELL but on the road to mending thank goodness. Now to rest.



( 5 comments — Leave a comment )
Aug. 21st, 2010 10:51 pm (UTC)
My mother wants to know how the FUCK they missed that before your surgery. Someone missed something because they should have checked on all that as part of the procedure BEFORE your GBP.

I am sending loving and happy good feelings your way. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get better....and I hope you get this sorted out because there's no excuse for that D:<

Aug. 22nd, 2010 02:05 am (UTC)
Glad things are working out now!
Let me know when you start feeling better and we can work out a visitation.
Aug. 22nd, 2010 08:12 am (UTC)
I'm so glad you were alright. :( At least it's on the mend. I was worried.
Aug. 22nd, 2010 09:35 am (UTC)
I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I hope it's the last you'll have to endure, and that your recovery will be easier from now on.
Aug. 22nd, 2010 04:49 pm (UTC)
So glad you're through this bit! Rest really is the best. *massive hugs*
( 5 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

June 2013


Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Ideacodes