- 1.) Tax Credits for Small Business
- 2.) Drug Help for Seniors (Doughnut Hole price gap GONE! $250 rebate checks to be sent immediately.)
- 3.) Coverage Made Available for Pre-Existing Conditions - (High Risk Government Pools (money) for These people! Effective @ 90 Days)
Effective September 2010:
- 4.) All Kids COVERED (No Child Denied for Pre-existing... PERIOD!)
- 5.) Cannot get Dropped if you Get Sick (No rescinding benefits for risk change ie: Diagnosed with Cancer)
- 6.) No more Lifetime Limits (No more CAPS!) ***
- 7.) Coverage for Kids up to Age 26 (Your child can now get a master's degree and not worry about Job/Healthcare before they are no longer covered under parents. NICE! Encourage education at the same time!)
Effective January 2011:
- 8.) 80-85% of your premium MUST be spent on your medical care If they (Insurance) do not spend that, they must issue you rebate checks for the difference! Their profit is limited to 15-20% of your premium.
- 9.) FREE Preventative Care for Medicare!
Now here's the Republicans slowing things down in interest of the giants that the Dems had to cave to to get the bill this far...
Not until 2014:
- 10.) Total Ban on Pre-Existing Condition Denials
- 11.) Health Exchanges Open
- 12.) End to ANNUAL LIMITS on Benefits... (So be prepared folks. Lifetime limits will be gone in 6 months, expect your policies to change drastically to annual limits until 2014. Trust me, I worked for CIGNA for YEARS. I know how that game is played. They are going to reduce/impose very strict annual limits until 2014....) ***
Not perfect, but a great giant leap toward BETTER.... Now the Republicans want to REPEAL this.
Of course you do, your insurance lobby kick-backs will go down! Those are very REAL, progressive, SIMPLE improvements to a broken system.
Listen here Mr. Republican. I am the American Public and everyone I speak to is in favor of Health Care Reform, in fact we wanted a lot more, but we'll take what we can get!
Let me enlighten you rich fat cats a little.
My husband and I are Small Business Owners, We have watched the preimums for our employees SKYROCKET 75% last year and an additional 52% this past November. Why? Our workforce is older, some of our employees have been with the company 30+ Years. They have pre-existing conditions. So every time our group policy comes up for renewal you FUCK US with soaring premiums. I have only 2 companies to choose from In my city. HUMANA or BLUE CROSS, that's it. You have us over a barrel. It's one of those or NOTHING.
We USED to pay 100% of our employees benefits, we did NOT deduct out of their paychecks, we paid for it. These past 2 years, we couldn't and still stay in business. We had to ask our employees to start paying toward their own insurance 25%. Oh they were NOT HAPPY. I can understand that. Even when I worked FOR CIGNA, and insurance company I paid 50% toward my own benefits, so my current employees still have it better than most. But the point it, Insurance FORCED US to have to do this, we did not want to make our employees pay anything. Now at least I can get some tax credits to help pay these soaring premiums and hopefully go back to paying 100% benefits.
It was either that or fire all the sick/older people on my workforce. Um NO. But Republicans want that, they are so OUT OF TOUCH with real Americans.
NOW, me personally?
Let's see, Diabetes, Asthma, Neuropathy, Diabetic Gastro Paresis just to name a few of my PRE-EXISTING conditions. I couldn't get health insurance on my own. I *HAVE* to get it through a group plan where they cannot deny me for pre-existing conditions already in the law. Without a group plan I was SCREWED. My medication alone, if I did not have insurance, would cost me in excess of $2500.00 a MONTH. That is more than I make, more than MOST people make. Then add in Rent, Utilities, kids, food ya know necessities... Is it any wonder people are dying for lack of health care? without insurance I WOULD DIE, I couldn't afford it on my own. That's just my medication, OH LORD do not add in every trip I have to make to a doctor in a month, then the hospital stays. I need the insurance negotiated discounts and copays that help me LIVE. Republicans however, quite happy with the status quo. After all, they HAVE insurance and even if they didn't are wealthy enough to never have to worry about medical bills. Get your heads OUT OF YOUR ASSES. I do not know what POLLS you are quoting, but every single person I talk to. EVERY SINGLE ONE, wants reform, NEEDS IT!
*** This that I marked above means so very much to people like me. Who are lucky to have a group plan, BUT that plan has a $1,000,000.00 Lifetime maximum. What is that? That means you have coverage only up to a million, after that, plan GONE, DEAD. That seems like a lot. It is not. Not if you end up in the hospital, in the ICU, on life support for just 3 weeks. That will suck up that million in a heartbeat. I know. I've once been in the hospital 4 MONTHS! yes, 4 MONTHS! That was in 1999/2000 I nearly DIED. I was on lifesupport, in a medically induced coma, in the ICU for the first 3 weeks, then in the Hospital, learing how to walk, talk, eat, fart, shit all over again! My bill a decade ago? 2.5 Million Bucks. THANK GOD I had a killer HMO back then and I paid a $500 Copay and that was it. I had an unlimited lifetime max then. A decade ago. Now? 1 million that tomorrow I could implode if I end up back in the hospital like that again and it is a very REAL possibility. Most healthy people never think of that, believe me, people with medical conditions like mine, think about it every single day we are alive. It's frightening. It's a little LESS frightening today now that President Obama signed this first part of the bill. I'll still be terrified of annual limits until 2014.
People complaining about those bullet points at the begging of my post, are out of touch with people, like me, like millions of other Americans who live every day with crippling, debilitating conditions. We would like to keep living thank you, we need health care! we need REFORM! We need more, we'll take this olive branch, but you can do better and republicans stop trying to KILL IT with lies, fear tactics etc... Stop taking kick backs from insurance lobbyists and start taking care of the PEOPLE WHO VOTED YOU INTO OFFICE DAMN IT!